Varna Free University
Varna Free University was established in 1991 with a resolution of the National Assembly, and in 1995, it was granted the status of a higher school. In 2001, the university received its first accreditation for a period of 5 years, and in 2006 and 2013 it receives again accreditation from the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (NEAA) with the maximum score in Bulgaria for a maximum period of 6 years.
VFU “ChernorizetsHrabar” gets a series of certificates from DS Label, ECTS Label and HR Logo, making it a competitive university in European and global educational space. The University is also certified according to the International Organization of Standardization (ISO 9001: 2008).
VFU “ChernorizetsHrabar” is an active member of the Black Sea University Network. More than 10 thousand Bulgarian and foreign students are trained at the university, who have the opportunity to obtain a diploma for Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degrees. Students have the chance to participate in “Tempus”, “Erasmus” and “Leonardo”European Unionprogrammes.
Training at VFU “ChernorizetsHrabar”
VFU “ChernorizetsHrabar” offers 3 modes of study: full-time, part-time or distance learning. Students’ training is conducted entirelyin English. The course of study is with different duration according to the educational and qualification degree:
- for Bachelor’s degree – 4 years (8 semesters);
- for Master’s degree – 1 year and 6 months;
- for PhD – 3 years.
The training ends with the elaboration of a thesis and its defense.
The annual fee is € 2 500 and it is payable in two installments of € 1 250 each, before the beginning of each semester.
Faculties and Specialities
- Professional Field “Psychology”
- Speciality “Psychology” – the training is full-time or part-time. The speciality trainsexperts in the field of psychology in theoretical and practical aspects. Upon successful completion, graduates are able to embark on a career as clinical and school psychologists, psychology consultants in public and private organizations, psychology and social sciences teachers.
- Professional Field “Political Sciences”
- Speciality “International Relations and Law” – full-time training only. International policy and law experts are trained–officials in international institutions and in the public administration, experts in international cooperation departments, consultants on socio-political issues.
- Professional Field “Law”
- Speciality”Law” – full-time training only. The speciality trains jurists, who can follow a career in the judicial system, the prosecutor’s office, the investigating authorities, the judicial enforcement services, etc.
- Professional Field “Administration and Management”
- “Business Administration and Management” – full-time, part-time or distance learning
- “Public Administration and Management” – part-time or distance learning
- “International Public and Business Management” – part-time training only
- Professional Field “ECONOMICS”
- “Finance” – full-time training
- “International Business” – full-time training
- “Digital Economy” – full-time training
- “International Economic Relations” – part-time or distance learning
- “Finance and Accounting” – distance learning
- “Marketing and Advertising”
- Professional Field “Informatics and Computer Sciences”
- Speciality “Informatics and Computer Sciences” – the training is offered in the three modes of study.
- Professional Field “Architecture, Geodesy and Construction”
- “Architecture” – full-time training
- “Design” – full-time training
- “Construction of Buildings and Facilities” – full-time and part-time training
- “Fire and Civil Protection” – part-time training
- Professional Field “Fine Arts”
- “Fashion Design” speciality – full-time and part-time training
Admission to VFU “ChernorizetsHrabar”
The admission is based on the following documents:
- A copy of the document for completed secondary education and supplement with the grades
- A document issued by a competent authority certifying that the applicant has the right to pursue his/her studies in higher education institutions in the country where the secondary education was acquired
- Transcript of Records – for students applying for recognition of periods of study completed in higher education institutions in a foreign country
- A medical certificate issued no earlier than one month prior to the date of submitting the application
- Copy of ID card or passport
- 6 recentcolour photos in passport size (3.5 / 4.5 cm).