Social life in Varna Naval Academy
Expand your horizons with maritime training at
Varna Naval Academy
8 years of experience and success
Picture 1 The Rector and Head of the Academy BoyanMednikarov with the Blac kSea University team
Consultancy Organization Black Sea University
Our company is the first and most experienced partner of Varna Naval Academy for the last 23 years. We have experienced professionals ready to prepare you and to guarantee your admission at the Naval Academy. After graduation or postgraduate qualification, our company offers shipping placement services in countries such as Sweden, Germany, Greece, England and Italy. We are the only company with a permanent base in Bulgaria. Our goal is to provide permanent support to the student.
Dear Visitors to the site of the official representation of N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy – BlackSeaUniversity, the first company since 2008, which officially cooperates with Italy, it is our pleasure to welcome you to Varna Naval Academy. N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy is the only and the oldest maritime training institute on the Balkan Peninsula. N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy is one of the symbols of Varna, well known internationally in the shipping industry. The Academy trains students for the Navy and the Merchant Marine, as well as for all the fields of maritime art and science. The researches and developments, carried out at the Academy confirmed its reputation in the field of science and marine technology. N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy maintains international contacts with similar colleges and academies from USA, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Ukraine, Romania, Poland and others. Varna Naval Academy is one of the founders and an active member of the International Association of Marine Universities (IAMU).
Head of NYVNA Varna
Flotilla Admiral Boyan Mednikarov
History of Varna Naval Academy
The Maritime University N. Y. Vaptsarov is the oldest technical school on the Balkan Peninsula. Over the years, it has asserted itself as the most prestigious center for training of maritime specialists. The Maritime School began its development in the city of Ruse on January 9, 1881, as its founder was Lieutenant CommanderAlexanderKonkevich. In 1893 the first “Temporary course in Naval Sciences” was organized, which marks the beginning of the historical development of the educational structures related to the training of navigational specialists. It was not until 1990 that the school was moved to Varna by Lieutenant TodorSolarov and renamed “Engineering School to the Fleet”.
In 1954 the school was established in its present facility on “VasilDrumev” Str. In 1956 it received the status of a higher engineering maritime school and was renamed N. Y. Vaptsarov People’s Higher Naval School, and in 1960 it was entered in the registers of the International
Maritime Organization (IMO) to the UN, which recognized the diplomas of its alumni before all ship owners in the world.
After Bulgaria joined the EU in 2007, all maritime majors were recognized worldwide by the International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU) and the World Maritime University (WMU).
Training at Varna Naval Academy
The training at N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy lasts 4 years (8 semesters), whereby anacademic diploma of higher education is obtained with Bachelor’s degree. Upon continuing the training with one additional year, a Master’s degree diplomais obtained. The student pays 1,000 EUR per semester or 2,000 EUR per year, by signing a contract to ensure that from the beginning of their studies to the end they will pay the same fees. The training is conducted entirely in English. Graduates can immediately obtain a license for practicing the profession in Italy or another country.
The Academic Diploma of Higher Education of N. Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy, which is acquired with Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, is recognized by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), the World Maritime University (WMU) and the International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU ) in accordance with STCW standards.
What we offer
Our students are personal responsibility for us. Our company has ten offices in different countries. We stay close to the student from the beginning to the end of the training, and even after it. We have a permanent base in Bulgaria, and for this reason, we achieve 100% success. This is something that we guarantee and declare in writing. We have the highest level of public relations with the university authorities.
- 1-Preparing of an application form for the university,
- 2-Translation and legalization of all the documents by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Bulgaria,
- 3-Direct contact of the applicant with the competent professor of the university and providing an opportunity for the prospective student to visit the university campus,
- 4-Certain enrollment at the Bulgarian University, under the desired major – a diploma, recognized by International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- 5-Reception of the applicant at the airport, station or bus station.
- 6-Finding an appropriate accommodation, which could be a student dormitory or an apartment
- 7-Conducting a city tour with the applicant and his/her family around the chosen city, full information and university campus tour (university halls)
- 8-Personal assistance throughout the whole period of student training, even in case of difficulties in the study process (improving of the training by means of special lessons);
- 9-The university has doctors and lawyers for our students.
- 10-Assistance in finding a job after graduation
- 11-We provide free contract for legal services during our student studies on all legal and civil matters
- 12-We follow the university course of our students and we inform the parents.
- 13-Translation and legalization of Bulgarian documents in Italian.
We even help our weaker students to complete their training without delay. This gives us an absolute advantage in comparison tothe others who are active in this field. Our students know that they can rely on us for solving each problem as it arises and this is evident from the great number of successes and achievements at school.
Social life in the city of VARNA
- 1-Varna Naval Academy has 3 large dormitories, which have a total of 280 rooms. Each room has the capacity to accommodate 2 or 3 students.The rent a student will pay for one room is 70 EUR, including electricity and water bills.
- 2-We can also offer you accommodations near VNA at 150–300 EUR.
- 3-Varna Naval Academy has a modern canteen at affordable prices – 5 EUR for a lunch or a dinner.
- 4-The minimum monthly expenses are about 240 EUR.
- 5-Varna Naval Academy has a fitness studio with new equipment, a tennis court and a soccer field, as well as an indoor pool.
The city of Varna The Black Sea pearl Why should you visit it?
Varna is a cosmopolitan city with about 700 000 inhabitants, with operas, congress centres, theaters, beautiful beaches and many attractions. The beaches offer water sports, and Bulgarian ski resorts are located nearby.
What to see?
- 1-Varna Archaeological Museum. Archaeological explorations and excavations from different places in Northeastern Bulgaria are exhibited there. There are over 100 000 museum pieces – monuments from the past of Varna, the region and Northeastern Bulgaria.
Undoubtedly, the most famous exhibition of the museum is the Varna Gold Treasure – the oldest gold treasure in the world found in 1972, occupying three independent exhibition halls. The museum also manages two open archaeological sites, the
- 2-RomanThermae in the city centre and the medieval cave of Aladzha Monastery in the Nature Park.
- 3-Maritime Museum. One of the symbols of Varna. It is located in the southern part of the sea. The most valuable exhibit is the torpedo boat Drazki, which had been placed there in 1957, known for the demolition of the Ottoman protected cruiser Hamidiye on 12 November 1912 during the First Balkan War.
- 4-Ethnographic Museum. The exhibition of the Ethnographic Museum in Varna is housed in a building known as a symmetrical style house built in 1860. The museum presents the rich variety of cultures and lifestyles of the population of Varna at the end of the second half of the XIX and the early XX century.
- 5-Sea Garden, Aquarium, Dolphinarium, Planetarium, Zoo, playground and ice rink are included in the largest park in the city and promise unique natural scenery, as well as unforgettable moments for the whole family, as they support the child’s interest encouraging the creativity and learning of new things about our world. Walking among the many attractions in the Sea Garden, you can often see squirrels in the green leafy park.
Bulgaria occupies the strategic position in the heart of the Balkan Peninsula. It is located at a crossroads between three continents rich in historical and cultural heritage. The natural beauty, the preserved monuments and the rich traditions are prerequisites for the development of the conference tourism in the country.
With four international airports, Bulgaria is 2 hours away from most European capitals and from the biggest international airports that operate flights around the world.
The capital Sofia offers excellent conditions for conference tourism.
There are plenty of hotels with good facilities and congress centers such as the National Palace of Culture and Inter Expo Centre. Almost all hotel chains have a base for business meetings and seminars. There are many medical universities that also offer opportunities for such events.
Visitors can take advantage of the wonderful opportunities for cultural tourism in the city, of the excellent conditions for mountain tourism, agro tourism and ecotourism
The Black Sea resorts offer conference tourism, marine recreation and spa.
The Black Sea resorts organize similar events in the summer in Varna, Burgas, Sunny Beach, Albena, Golden Sands.
In the mountain resorts of Bansko and Borovets, in Bulgaria all year round, students have the opportunity to meet and spend pleasant weekends together with their parents, while at the same time the participants have the opportunity to enjoy some of the best ski runs in Europeduring the educational conferences.
Social life in Varna Click here