Student Visa


Bulgarian Student Visa

Students from non-  EU  countries may need a visa to enter the territory of Bulgaria. After you receive the acceptance letter confirming, that the chosen university has approved your application documents and the certificate that you are illegible to study in Bulgaria (issued by Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science), you must apply at the Bulgarian embassy or consular office in your town for a Long-stay Visa (Visa D). This kind of visa is valid up to 1 year and is issued to foreigners, who are students under tuition fees, post-graduate and trainee students. During its validity, the holder is allowed to enter the country repeatedly.

In order to apply for a Long-stay Visa, you must submit the following documents:

  • Visa application form
  • A regular foreign travel document
  • Copies of the pages of the foreign travel document with the personal information and the visas laid and/or copies of the permits for stay possessed
  • Recent passport-size color photograph
  • Original documents and two copies thereof substantiating the application: Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Bulgaria, Verification from the chosen university, Proof of the financial resources possessed for subsistence and accommodation.


EU and non-EU citizens from countries that have signed bilateral treaties and agreements with Bulgaria concerning Visa-free entry, including Andorra, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, USA, Uruguay, the Vatican, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Macao, do not require Visa clearance to enter the country.

Please contact us if you need any assistance with the application procedure and the required documentation.

× WhatsApp ?